Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wal-Mart

I usually visit the Wal-Mart on 2350 S Pleasant Valley Rd in Winchester, VA as this is the closest location to my house; however, I've had a series of poor experiences at this location. Customer service at Wal-Mart can be very hit or miss and today was one of those bad days for the cashier that checked out my order this morning. The older woman (maybe upper 50's?) appeared to be talking to herself as she rang up my purchases. She tried to create small talk with me by referring to my Redskins t-shirt and telling me how football games are "behind schedule" when in fact, this is not the case. Nonetheless, she ended up dropping two items on the floor one of which I picked up for her because she did not appear to be in much of a rush. I used my debit card to pay for my order and selected $20 cash back. While she was handing me my receipt, she started talking to the next customer who happened to be buying an ironing table. She says to the other customer that no one irons any longer and that she better not try to return the ironing board. In her daze of confusion, the cashier closes the register door without handing me my $20. She looks at me still standing in front of her and I stare back and say "Do I get my $20 cash back?" she proceeds to claim this error on a "senior moment." She has to now page a customer service manager because her key won't unlock the register. She complains loudly how the key port has been moved on these registers and and HOW much of a problem this has caused for her. Heck, I figured that she must be use to this because it looks to me that she forgets - or should I say have a senior moment on a regular basis. While we both wait for a CSM to unlock the register, the cashier continues to loudly complain about how long it is taking and all I can think of is if she didn't screw up, I would have been gone about 5 minutes ago!

No comments: